Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: cyron123 on May 13, 2014, 05:04:50 am
-
Hello guys,
is it possible to attach a digital back to a Linhof Master Technika 2000 or 3000? I know that there is a sliding adapter for linhof. Bit this sliding adapter has a vertical shit option. With this ths adapter is very very big. A "No Go" for outdoor.
Are there other options?
-
You can order a Graflok adapter from your local Mamiya Leaf dealer (http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/partners.html). It replaces the ground glass and if your digital back has Live View then you should be able to manage without a sliding back.
However in my experience the Master can be tricky at maintaining accurate focus as they are not very rigid...
Hope this helps
Yair
-
I use the Leaf Hy6 to Graflok adapter and its really great because it puts the sensor at the position as film would be so my rangefinder and calibration are usable so I can go back and forth between film and my AFi-ii 12. I use mine in not just the Linhof technika but also a variety of 4x5 cameras I have including my Polaroid 110B conversions. Big thanks to Leaf for offering this adapter!
-
Hello guys,
If I understand you right the technika master uses a graflok adapter compatible back. I could use the leaf graflok back or a Kapture group sliding back. Is this right?
-
Even better for the Linhof technika is a Betterlight scan back.
Live focusing in the software and you get the full 4x5 without stitching.
-
Even better for the Linhof technika is a Betterlight scan back.
Live focusing in the software and you get the full 4x5 without stitching.
Uh, my Betterlight Super 6K only scans a 72x96 mm area; that's a shade under 3x4 inches. I use it with a Linhof Master Technika myself.
Still way more area than a 645 back.
Downsides: a) only operates tethered. b) looong exposures.
Jim
-
Thank you guys. But i am already on the Phase One digital back h1 road. I need a solution for this. Scanning backs are not the best for outdoor. And the Master technika could be a solution for outside.. But if there is no Digital adapter - there is a "No go"...
Could anybody show me the back of that graflok adapter from Leaf? Thank you.
cyron
-
I put some pictures of the Leaf AFi/Hy6 to graflok adapter up on my blog a while back….
http://rolleiflex.us/blogs/news-tech-tips-updates/10384053-how-to-mount-your-afi-back-to-large-format-cameras
This is different than a sliding back from Kapture Group because that one will not put the sensor in the same plane as the film would be, and your cams and rangefinders won't work anymore. For me that was important as all my LF cameras have rangefinders - even the 13x18 technika.
-
Thank you very much for your pictures.
But i dont understand this adapter. The technika need a round adapter if you remove the backframe with the ground glass. See picture.
But i found a second picture with a square "connection". What is right? Sorry for my silly questions. Are there any differnt technika's?
Thank you.
cyron
-
Yes, the 2nd picture is the correct one. You mount the Leaf Graflok adapter like you would a 'graflok' size film holder.
-
Hi Eric,
Thank you.