Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: heinrichvoelkel on May 12, 2014, 05:01:19 pm
-
http://shop.strato.com/epages/61714927.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61714927/Categories
-
It's a start.
Would be nice to be able to zoom in on the products, maybe next year.
Paul
-
I thought this was the one?
http://www.arca-swiss-magasin.com/
-
Looks like it was made ten years ago. Can't they afford something professional?
-
Well, tech cam makers in general are like 10-15 years after when it comes to internet visibility. Arca-Swiss is not the only one with a rarely updated rudimentary web, just look at Linhof, Cambo, Silvestri etc. I don't think it's about that they can't afford having a nice web, it's simply because they don't think they need it.
For the current size of the companies I don't think they really need any strong web presence, the dealers take care of that. However if they want to grow their business and reach more people a great web would not hurt.
-
Some of the dealers do a good job for Arca Swiss. I really like:
https://www.arca-shop.de/
They make presentation videos of Arca-Swiss gear (mainly tripod heads), and have pictures of most A/S gear.
I bought my tech cam there and I am a very happy customer.
-
Cambo to me is basically the state of the art for a tech camera company. They don't update the home page often, (and they should consider doing that), but they have a ton of info on not only their camera, but all the various lenses. I have long used their main site to figure out information on the lenses (Schneider and Rodenstock).
Alpa is also very current and does an excellent job.
Arca could do better, but they don't see the need. It's not hard anymore to hire a company or person to create a workable website. I like the fact that Acra has a webcart, but based on the info, it would be a bit hard to make the purchase from the site.
Paul
-
This site was a mockup from several years ago. It is not functional past what you see on the pages.
We are actively working on a site, but not ready for prime time.
Sorry for this misunderstanding.
Rod