Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: nemophoto on May 09, 2014, 10:32:51 pm

Title: Odd service question - Olympus E-10
Post by: nemophoto on May 09, 2014, 10:32:51 pm
Ok. Here's an odd question. Anyone have an idea where I can get an old Olympus E-10 serviced? (Olympus told me "too old".) I have one I bought back in about 2000. It was actually a great little camera. After Canon came out with the 1 series, my wife got it as a hand me down. Fast forward. I have twin 6-year old boys and one loves going out shooting with me. He uses a little Canon point and shoot right now, and does a great job, but I thought it would be fun to let him use a "real camera" so he can get use to looking through the camera, not the back of it. Also start using apertures, shutter speeds, etc. I thought this might be the perfect camera to cut his teeth, as it were, since I already have it. I pulled it out of the closet, put in new batteries... and sadly it's dead. If it didn't cost a ton, I'd love to resuscitate it.

Any suggestions for outdated digital camera repair?

Nemo
Title: Re: Odd service question - Olympus E-10
Post by: capital on May 09, 2014, 10:43:41 pm
Not sure, but usually there's some local places. so type into google, something like:

camera repair ireland

or

places to repair cameras in ireland