Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mseawell on May 08, 2014, 01:04:25 am

Title: Dreamy Spring
Post by: mseawell on May 08, 2014, 01:04:25 am
Here in Germany the rapeseed fields have peaked. This was taken on the backroads on my way home from work...dreamy Spring. How I will miss Germany.
Title: Re: Dreamy Spring
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 08, 2014, 03:48:35 am
Beautiful. Yellow and blue works every time:)
Title: Re: Dreamy Spring
Post by: mseawell on May 08, 2014, 05:09:25 am
Thanks. One of my favorite times of the year here.
Title: Re: Dreamy Spring
Post by: francois on May 08, 2014, 09:06:11 am
Where is the fog?  :D

Seriously, I like it for the colors and the gorgeous sky.
Title: Re: Dreamy Spring
Post by: luxborealis on May 08, 2014, 10:00:30 pm
Great colour contrast, as pointed out by others, but the yellows seem unnecessarily subdued, perhaps by a passing cloud. The yellows should be singing, given the kind of day shown in the photo. Try increasing the Exposure by ½ a stop or so. This might mean reducing the whites to avoid blow out, but I think you'll end up with a more dynamic photo without increasing the saturation (which us another method to make the yellows brighter, but would also result in artificial colours).
Title: Re: Dreamy Spring
Post by: mseawell on May 09, 2014, 06:21:07 am
I was torn on the yellow. Of course it would look great bright but I you have to ask yourself what do you want about the picture to sing? For this particular pic I wanted the sky to get the notice which is why the yellow is subdued. That being said, you could go either way.

Mark