Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sdwilsonsct on May 06, 2014, 09:46:40 pm

Title: Spring arrivals
Post by: sdwilsonsct on May 06, 2014, 09:46:40 pm
Suggestions welcome. Thanks for looking.
Title: Re: Spring arrivals
Post by: wolfnowl on May 07, 2014, 02:53:12 am
The first looks more like a European hare than a snowshoe - long, tapered ears, black tips, white eye ring... may be wrong though. Nice 'Audubon' shots.

Mike.
Title: Re: Spring arrivals
Post by: francois on May 07, 2014, 04:55:31 am
I cannot say anything on the hare, not being a specialist but I like them all. Mike has found the perfect word: Audubon photos!
Title: Re: Spring arrivals
Post by: Dave Pluimer on May 07, 2014, 07:05:45 am
Great sharpness in #2. Very well done.
Title: Re: Spring arrivals
Post by: sdwilsonsct on May 07, 2014, 10:25:20 am
The first looks more like a European hare than a snowshoe - long, tapered ears, black tips, white eye ring... may be wrong though. Nice 'Audubon' shots.

Mike.

How about a Whitetail Jackrabbit? The tail, white winter coat and range fit. Thanks for pointing out my mistake!
Title: Re: Spring arrivals
Post by: francois on May 07, 2014, 11:35:58 am
I love this one, much better the the European hare.
Title: Re: Spring arrivals
Post by: mseawell on May 08, 2014, 01:18:43 am
Love #3! Birds of prey have always been a favorite and this one is awesome!
Title: Re: Spring arrivals
Post by: sdwilsonsct on May 08, 2014, 08:31:59 am
Francois -- the two jackrabbit pictures were taken about a month apart. Amazing how fast the coats change.

Mark -- this species migrates to the arctic and passes through my neighbourhood each spring. When I shot this there were five of these birds sailing over a line of trees behind the house. Hard to miss!
Title: Re: Spring arrivals
Post by: francois on May 08, 2014, 09:08:42 am
Francois -- the two jackrabbit pictures were taken about a month apart. Amazing how fast the coats change.
…

Very interesting, I didn't think that the transition could be so quick.
Thanks, Scott!
Title: Re: Spring arrivals
Post by: jannatul18 on May 10, 2014, 05:44:57 am
Some skilled shot indeed but I like mostly the Rough-legged Hawk , it requires a good timing to capture such photo.