Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mmbma on May 05, 2014, 09:16:34 pm

Title: New York City from Hudson river bank
Post by: mmbma on May 05, 2014, 09:16:34 pm
At sunset after rain. cloud was burning


(https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2908/13923591640_f0e6db57c0_b_d.jpg)
Title: Re: New York City from Hudson river bank
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 05, 2014, 09:47:41 pm
Strong graphic interpretation. Too bad you clipped the tip of the tallest building. I would also go easier on the saturation, particularly blue. Just a little bit more space in the sky and water wouldn't hurt either, helping the image to "breathe."
Title: Re: New York City from Hudson river bank
Post by: NtrShtr on May 05, 2014, 11:57:12 pm
Very saturated image.  Probably look better toned down a bit so its not shouting at me.
Title: Re: New York City from Hudson river bank
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 06, 2014, 04:29:32 am
I don't mind the (over)saturated look, as NY is a city that "shouts".
Title: Re: New York City from Hudson river bank
Post by: mmbma on May 06, 2014, 10:27:55 am
Thanks for all the feedback. I agree the water is a little overly blue (I was lazy not to tone each individual color). However I was aiming for an over saturated look as the colors are pretty crazy that evening. the brick buildings were almost lit red by the sun.



(https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2902/13940132720_19907326aa_b_d.jpg)