Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: Hayhill on May 04, 2014, 08:35:43 am
-
I am a PC guy who is thinking of making the switch to a Mac. In looking at my options it seemed that a MacBook Pro docked with the Thunderbolt 27 in. display might be a good choice. I am a avid amateur using LR/PSCC doing a few thousand photos a year, many will traveling. Combined with a Drobo Mini, it might work for me. Any thoughts, experience, or advice about such a configuration?
Thanks, Woody
-
I'm using rMBP13 with external NEC 30" displays and absolutely love it.
(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19059944/PA302W)
-
MacBook Pro docked with the Thunderbolt 27 in. display might be a good choice.
Don't put too much faith in Apple displays, they're really nothing special. Poor screen uniformity is often reported. Consider NEC or Eizo if you can - those two are the only manufacturers who can be relied upon to consistently deliver top quality. A good display is important.