Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: dumainew on April 29, 2014, 02:36:07 pm

Title: Fog on the river, fog in the trees.
Post by: dumainew on April 29, 2014, 02:36:07 pm
Blind River, LA.
Early spring morning from my little kayak.
(A color image and not a b&w conversion.)
All critiques appreciated.
Richard
Title: Re: Fog on the river, fog in the trees.
Post by: sdwilsonsct on April 29, 2014, 02:44:27 pm
Elegant and engaging.
Title: Re: Fog on the river, fog in the trees.
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 30, 2014, 03:55:50 am
Very nice. I would get rid of the bit of frond on the left, and of the two small dots (rocks?) on the bottom right hand side.
Title: Re: Fog on the river, fog in the trees.
Post by: wolfnowl on May 02, 2014, 03:45:14 am
I agree with Paulo about the rocks, and I'm not overly fond of the aspect ratio. I think I'd want it more 4x5. Otherwise a fine image.

Mike.
Title: Re: Fog on the river, fog in the trees.
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 02, 2014, 02:37:02 pm
It's lovely. I'll add my vote for removing the rocks, and I might do something about the bright spot at the tip of the rightmost frond. The fronds on the left don't bother me. The grey background has some odd patterns, almost like reticulated emulsion.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Fog on the river, fog in the trees.
Post by: dumainew on May 02, 2014, 11:08:42 pm
Thanks everyone who commented. It's really helpful to get good feedback.
About the suggestions: Feel kind of ambivalent about removing the 2 dark masses lower right because I don't want the foto to become too abstract. And the bright spot at the bottom of the Spanish Moss (a staple of Southern landscapes) is where water was collecting. I'm hoping to make this picture draw you in and not just come out to you. But not  really sure at all what works here.
About the reticulated emulsion, I'm guessing that's an effect of the fog drifting thru spaces of more and less early morning light.
Thanks again !