Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: seamus finn on April 28, 2014, 05:47:17 pm

Title: Cheers!
Post by: seamus finn on April 28, 2014, 05:47:17 pm
Over the years, I've had a few beers in a few pubs in Sydney. I wouldn't mind, but I encircled the globe to have them. This was last year. I'm going to bed now.



Title: Re: Cheers!
Post by: WalterEG on April 28, 2014, 06:20:05 pm
Such a rich embodiment of Sydney there Seamus.

Sydney: a place where idiots who gamble the housekeeping money away on pokies are alluded to as VIPs and walls are adorned with heritage scenes of the neighbourhood which are never looked at.

Maybe I just enjoy being curmudgeonly about home.

Cheers,

W
Title: Re: Cheers!
Post by: seamus finn on April 28, 2014, 06:33:43 pm
[quoteSydney: a place where idiots who gamble the housekeeping money away on pokies are alluded to as VIPs and walls are adorned with heritage scenes of the neighbourhood which are never looked at.][/quote]

Walter, I'm in and out of Australia a bit. Mooching around the pubs, the gambling influence is overwhelming if not terrifying. I know we Irish like to drink, but, Jesus, I don't think we drink as hard as the Australians gamble. Those pokies are scary places.
Title: Re: Cheers!
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 28, 2014, 07:17:10 pm
A gay bar named Dick? ;)
Title: Re: Cheers!
Post by: WalterEG on April 28, 2014, 07:34:42 pm
A gay bar named Dick? ;)

Not only named DICK but the inference is that you dine on Dick.

Title: Re: Cheers!
Post by: RSL on April 28, 2014, 07:52:26 pm
Love the effect of the one-second shutter speed.