Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Brian Hirschfeld on April 23, 2014, 11:34:51 pm

Title: Sony RX1(r) focus confirmation beep
Post by: Brian Hirschfeld on April 23, 2014, 11:34:51 pm
I've been playing with a friends Sony RX1 and I am considering a Sony RX1r and one of the problems I have with the camera is that there is no tactile focus confirmation, Do you guys know if there is a focus confirmation beep on the Sony RX1r? thanks,

Also any other thoughts on the camera are welcome as well, I have been personally pretty impressed with it thus far.

Best,
BH
Title: Re: Sony RX1(r) focus confirmation beep
Post by: JayWPage on April 24, 2014, 12:50:50 am
I have the RX1 and there is not a focus confirmation beep, at least the way I have the camera set up. There is however, a frame line around the center focus area that turns green when it is in focus, and if it's quiet you can hear the lens motor operate and stop when it's in focus.

I have had my RX1 for a bit over a year now and I love this camera. The output quality is superb and it is so easily customized that it is a real joy to use.
Title: Re: Sony RX1(r) focus confirmation beep
Post by: allegretto on April 24, 2014, 01:47:46 pm
there is one on the RX-1 but I find it irritating and leave it off
Title: Re: Sony RX1(r) focus confirmation beep
Post by: Robert DeCandido PhD on April 24, 2014, 01:52:05 pm
before you go for the "r" version of the RX-1, read this thread:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53453655

I have the RX-1...it is great. Is the "r" worth the additional $s? Not for me...

God used RX-1 are going for $1300-$1600 if you look around. I purchased mine for $1350 in February...

As for the beep, you can turn on/off...not a big deal.