Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: cpgreub on April 23, 2014, 09:41:14 pm
-
Hello all,
Anyone know of good, economical, suppliers for sintra, acrylic, and adhesive, and what brands are the best for facemounting? There are a lot of options on the internet but I figure those of you who have been doing it for a while will know the best suppliers.
Also does anyone know where to find a used jetmounter 34"
Thanks
clinton
-
Not sure what part of the world you are from? (Profile is empty)
Here in the NE USA Harbor Sales (Sudlersville,Md.)has just about everything you need. Delivered free if you are within their delivery radius.
That is why your location is so important.
You really do want a local company if possible.
All of these materials come in 4x8 sheets on pallets shipped truck freight if you do not have a local supplier.
I have 2 Seal laminators both purchased on Ebay. A good deal can be found.
-
Dn,what model laminators do you have? I'm looking into one?
Thanks
Max
-
Seal 44 Ultra with heated roller 3/8" nip opening
Seal 62 Base with low temp heated roller and 2" nip opening
I use the 44 heated roll machine for laminating Seals Print Guard Luster over canvas. (Heat required)
The 62 is used mostly for applying Print Mount Ultra to gatorboard,Multiply and Dibond.
Also used for face mounting to acrylics using Optimount Ultra.
Beware of the nip opening. One that opens at least to 1/2" is ideal.
-
Beware of Harbor Sales. I ordered four sheets of 48 x 96 x 3/8 Gatorboard. Had it cut into 36 x 48 plus 24 x 48.
Arrived poorly packaged UPS. By that I mean only one layer cardboard box with no corner protection. Every single sheet had at least a broken corner, some were much worse.
I asked them to replace the order as it was unusable as I had planned. They refused but gave me a 60% credit on the shipment. They claimed no matter how well they packed it, it would likely get damaged. Total BS, laziness, and refusal to take responsibility. They could have easily packed it in corner reinforced boxes as well as wrapping in bubble wrap.