Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: markadams99 on April 19, 2014, 11:21:49 am

Title: Hackensack River, New Jersey
Post by: markadams99 on April 19, 2014, 11:21:49 am
Winter:
(http://thelightcavalry.zenfolio.com/img/s12/v170/p330064826-4.jpg)

Spring:
(http://thelightcavalry.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v92/p461736840-4.jpg)
Title: Re: Hackensack River, New Jersey
Post by: luxborealis on April 19, 2014, 06:03:34 pm
What a difference a few months makes. This would make a good temporal study.

Winter shot - snow looks dingy grey, not "snow" white (I know snow isn't always white - I live in Canada!). It looks like "processed grey", though, and not a natural shadow grey. In fact, it appears the highlight parts of the snow are grey.
Title: Re: Hackensack River, New Jersey
Post by: ehackett on April 22, 2014, 10:20:49 pm
Great!  Can't wait for summer...and fall.
Title: Re: Hackensack River, New Jersey
Post by: markadams99 on April 22, 2014, 10:25:04 pm
Winter shot - snow looks dingy grey, not "snow" white (I know snow isn't always white - I live in Canada!). It looks like "processed grey", though, and not a natural shadow grey. In fact, it appears the highlight parts of the snow are grey.

Good point. Thanks.
Title: Re: Hackensack River, New Jersey
Post by: MartinSpence on May 01, 2014, 09:19:17 am
I like the snow shot (mainly cos we don't get much snow in Northern Ireland). 

But I agree the snow looks a bit too gray...
Title: Re: Hackensack River, New Jersey
Post by: framah on May 01, 2014, 09:54:37 am
Possibly because of all of the pollution in the Jersey air!!

New Jersey, landfill of opportunity.

Title: Re: Hackensack River, New Jersey
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 02, 2014, 02:58:34 am
I like #1, almost B&W.