Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: pcg on April 16, 2014, 08:58:01 pm

Title: Best Mac software for creating a photographic portfolio website?
Post by: pcg on April 16, 2014, 08:58:01 pm
Opinions, please. I'm not a coder and am considering something like Squarespace. But the possibilities seem too numerous to easily decide. I need something to build a site with 6-10 pages, no e-commerce, portfolios per page with decent thumbnails that expand to a far larger size upon clicking. That sort of thing. I'm technical, but not a programmer. Drag and drop is my favorite. :-)

Thanks!
Title: Re: Best Mac software for creating a photographic portfolio website?
Post by: pcg on April 17, 2014, 08:22:04 am
After extensive research I'm now leaning toward using 4ormat.

Again, all opinions welcomed!
Title: Re: Best Mac software for creating a photographic portfolio website?
Post by: luxborealis on May 05, 2014, 09:22:02 pm
Have a look at http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/sites-to-create-portfolio-for-photographers/ (http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/sites-to-create-portfolio-for-photographers/)

I also like the look of portfoliobox.net (http://portfoliobox.net)
Title: Re: Best Mac software for creating a photographic portfolio website?
Post by: pcg on May 06, 2014, 07:49:03 am
Thnx. I ended up choosing 4ormat. My art-related website, suing that platform, is:
www.garnerimages.com
Title: Re: Best Mac software for creating a photographic portfolio website?
Post by: markadams99 on May 13, 2014, 07:58:47 pm
Outstanding, simple, elegant. I'll look into 4ormat.
Title: Re: Best Mac software for creating a photographic portfolio website?
Post by: KirbyKrieger on May 14, 2014, 10:29:44 pm
Late response, but APhotoFolio (http://aphotofolio.com) works well and is auto-scaled to all browsers on all devices.

Just a satisfied user.