Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: NickJB on April 14, 2014, 11:20:22 am

Title: exporting rating from C1 6 to LR 5
Post by: NickJB on April 14, 2014, 11:20:22 am
I've just started tethered shooting again, for which I prefer using C1 (I'm using V6.4.2), however I much prefer LR for cataloging etc. Of course when shooting tethered, clients etc like to look at images and make selects. Is there a way to export those star ratings from C1 to LR5?

Thanks!
Title: Re: exporting rating from C1 6 to LR 5
Post by: David Grover / Capture One on April 15, 2014, 10:47:20 am
I've just started tethered shooting again, for which I prefer using C1 (I'm using V6.4.2), however I much prefer LR for cataloging etc. Of course when shooting tethered, clients etc like to look at images and make selects. Is there a way to export those star ratings from C1 to LR5?

Thanks!

Why not just use Capture Pilot?  Ratings sync'd right back to Capture One?
Title: Re: exporting rating from C1 6 to LR 5
Post by: NickJB on April 15, 2014, 11:31:51 am
David, appreciate the reply, but I don't think you read my question properly. I want to sync ratings made in C1 when I'm on set to Lightroom, which I use to catalog once I'm back on my desktop. I see you're from Phase, but I don't use and do not plan to change to using C1 to catalog my files. 
Title: Re: exporting rating from C1 6 to LR 5
Post by: David Grover / Capture One on April 22, 2014, 03:54:04 am
Hi Nick,

Ok - first of all I would upgrade to version 7 for a big leap in image quality.

That aside, you can do what you need to do (assuming you are capturing into a Session?).  Goto the preferences and look in Image>Metadata.

Change the sync option to Full Sync.

Then Lightroom can read the sidecar XMP files.

David

Title: Re: exporting rating from C1 6 to LR 5
Post by: lelouarn on May 17, 2014, 05:02:59 pm
Hi !
Would this be a way to transfer the ratings (staring system) applied on an IQ160 back into lightroom ? First, import the files using C1, write XMP and then re-import into lightroom. Or is the rating system on the IQ different from the rating system in C1 ?
I was a bit disappointed to see that LR doesn't recognize the stars given to a picture on the back, when they are imported directly into LR from the CF card.
Thanks !