Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Sareesh Sudhakaran on April 08, 2014, 08:19:09 am

Title: Noise canceling Headphones that can kill babies and firecrackers?
Post by: Sareesh Sudhakaran on April 08, 2014, 08:19:09 am
Hi, I'm looking for noise-cancelling headphones (not ear plugs) that can cut off high frequencies - car horns, babies, kids, and firecrackers...

Any ideas?
Title: Re: Noise canceling Headphones that can kill babies and firecrackers?
Post by: sdwilsonsct on April 08, 2014, 12:25:15 pm
Nope. Bose headphones cut down the low-frequency roar of engines and wind, but have little effect on everything else.
Title: Re: Noise canceling Headphones that can kill babies and firecrackers?
Post by: Sareesh Sudhakaran on April 09, 2014, 11:55:50 am
Yeah, I checked out the QC15...Nice, but totally worthless for what I need them for.
Title: Re: Noise canceling Headphones that can kill babies and firecrackers?
Post by: Rhossydd on April 09, 2014, 01:36:57 pm
It depends on what you want them for. The 'active' noise cancelling only works well on continual noise, rather than

If you're listening to music, some well fitting over the ear phones will be as good as it gets for that sort of requirement.

If you need less high quality reproduction, but really need to cut down external noise, look at any of the Peltor range. Their products really are the best at keeping unwanted HF sound out.
As used by airline pilots, F1 pit crews, TV crews etc......
Title: Re: Noise canceling Headphones that can kill babies and firecrackers?
Post by: Sareesh Sudhakaran on April 09, 2014, 09:14:12 pm
Thanks! These are exactly what I'm looking for. On further research I also found the Howard Leight 1030110 Sync which can plug in an mp3 player. Going to buy both.

Thanks again!