Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Arlen on April 04, 2014, 10:47:22 pm

Title: Curves and Clouds
Post by: Arlen on April 04, 2014, 10:47:22 pm
A little different from my usual fare.
Title: Re: Curves and Clouds
Post by: cjogo on April 04, 2014, 11:07:12 pm
SOLD  ~!!  Way good -- beyond best :-)
Title: Re: Curves and Clouds
Post by: WalterEG on April 04, 2014, 11:42:52 pm
Superb!
Title: Re: Curves and Clouds
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 04, 2014, 11:43:17 pm
A good one!
Title: Re: Curves and Clouds
Post by: fdisilvestro on April 05, 2014, 12:42:22 am
Great image! The only thing I find a little strange is the shape of the cloud in the upper left, but that could be me.

Regards
Title: Re: Curves and Clouds
Post by: RSL on April 05, 2014, 05:59:09 am
Well seen, Arlen, and the shape of the cloud in the upper left definitely is Francisco.
Title: Re: Curves and Clouds
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on April 05, 2014, 06:57:02 am
Great shot.
The lower rim of the cloud looks a bit like a post thing overdone which should easily be correctable.
Cheers
~Chris
Title: Re: Curves and Clouds
Post by: Arlen on April 05, 2014, 12:45:22 pm
Thanks everyone for your generous and helpful comments. And I'll focus some attention on that cloud.
Title: Re: Curves and Clouds
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 05, 2014, 11:52:20 pm
Agree that it is way good...such a nice eye you had this day.
Title: Re: Curves and Clouds
Post by: luxborealis on April 07, 2014, 11:05:08 pm
Well seen and captured. I'm wondering, though, if in the post-process, the value of the clouds has been reduced too much to a grainy, almost muddy grey. I realize you don't want the clouds competing with the brightness of the structure, but they clouds look dinghy when the day is bright.
Title: Re: Curves and Clouds
Post by: Arlen on April 08, 2014, 02:10:44 pm
Thanks for your thoughts, Terry. I'm experimenting with several processing modifications, and I'll keep your comments in mind.