Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: orc73 on April 02, 2014, 06:51:11 am

Title: 100mm f2.2 hc Hasselblad
Post by: orc73 on April 02, 2014, 06:51:11 am
Hi there

I guess a good amount of guys here sold their 80mm kit for/or after getting the 100mm.
Are you happier with it/or not and for what reason?
I dont really like the 80mm focal lenght on the 40mp sensor. Its light, sharp and cheap though and it has a good f2.8.
Does the 100mm give you a better rendition/look?


Thanks for your answer!
Title: Re: 100mm f2.2 hc Hasselblad
Post by: bpepz on April 02, 2014, 03:08:10 pm
the 100mm 2.2 is actually not as sharp at 2.8 as the 80mm is. Also, this is a personal preference thing, but I almost think the blur on the 100mm is too smooth. There is less 3D or depth to the images that the 80mm has.
Title: Re: 100mm f2.2 hc Hasselblad
Post by: JV on April 02, 2014, 06:46:10 pm
I prefer the 100mm because it is slightly longer and faster and therefore IMO better suited for shooting people and doing portraits.  I also like its look better.

I didn't sell the 80mm but I hardly use it anymore.

Obviously this is all very subjective and people with a different usage like landscapes might have an entirely different opinion.

Title: Re: 100mm f2.2 hc Hasselblad
Post by: NickT on April 02, 2014, 08:46:42 pm
I like my 100 and almost never use the 80mm (shooting food mostly). The 80mm is a great lens and sharp but I don't like the focal length on my H4D40.