Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: Dinarius on April 01, 2014, 12:27:06 pm
-
I'm running Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
I have .NET Framework, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 Sp1 installed.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled both EOS Utility and Digital Photo Professional (the only two I need, but I've also tried installing the entire contents of the CD too) numerous times, taking care to run CC Cleaner and remove everything (Registry included) before an install.
I know this is a known problem, but I can't find a solution that works.
I've had years of perfect operation with my Canon 1Ds Mklll, until now.
Any solutions?
Thanks.
D.
Ps. If this is the wrong forum, please move it. :)
-
I know this is a known problem, but I can't find a solution that works.
Hi,
I hadn't heard about it till now, so I don't know where you heard that (maybe that source also has a solution?).
I've had years of perfect operation with my Canon 1Ds Mklll, until now.
Any solutions?
So it suddenly started to fail? Have you changed anything shortly before? Maybe using a new virus protection application (!), or a disk cleanup tool running in the background like TuneUp (it may disable some services, but that's user adjustable)? I'd first look at the virusprotection, a new signature file may trigger a false positive (I had that happen myself with a trusted application that all of a sudden was partly moved into quarantine).
Cheers,
Bart
-
Thanks.
In the end, I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro (coz XP is no longer supported shortly) and it worked after I also installed .NET Framework 3.5.
That said, I think if I had gone I into Device Manager in XP and made deleted the camera and reinstalled it, it would have sorted the problem. I seem to remember doing that in the past.
Thanks.
D.