Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: alan_b on March 31, 2014, 02:23:51 pm

Title: Looking for Nikon Parts Source - US
Post by: alan_b on March 31, 2014, 02:23:51 pm
Hi I'm wondering if anyone has tips on a repair center who might allow me to buy an individual part for a Nikon lens?  The few I've tried so far have not been interested/able.

Specifically, I need a shift-lock block-pincher-thingy (technical term 8)) for a 24mm PC-E lens.  I'm in the US - West-coast.

Many thanks in advance!
Alan
Title: Re: Looking for Nikon Parts Source - US
Post by: Colorado David on March 31, 2014, 03:19:34 pm
I doubt that you'll find one willing to re-sell.  They are contractually obligated to not re-sell parts inventory.
Title: Re: Looking for Nikon Parts Source - US
Post by: alan_b on March 31, 2014, 04:53:54 pm
Thanks David - I know that's the official policy, just wondering if there are any old-time shops with connections...
Title: Re: Looking for Nikon Parts Source - US
Post by: stever on March 31, 2014, 05:48:42 pm
you'll have to find someone parting out a damaged lens - lensrentals does this sometimes, but I think they usually keep the parts for themselves for cameras and lenses they stock