Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => For Sale => Topic started by: jimmykubrick on March 30, 2014, 05:56:31 pm
-
Hi, anyone selling a used Arca Swiss 6x9 to Mamiya 645 Adapter Plate (the newer "N" version) with a M mount adapter please for my Phase One P65+. If so please do give me a shout. Many thanks, James
-
Hi James,
Which mount do you need? V, H, M?
John
-
... Very good point. I am looking for an M mount. Thanks!
-
Have you looked at the Kapture Group sliding back adapters? I think that would be a lot easier to use than just swapping out the ground glass for the fixed plate. The Arca Swiss Rotaslide is another option, but I think the Kapture is preferred as being cheaper/lighter.
-
Hi, thanks for your message. Yes, I went for the AS Rotaslide in the end, the ability to rotate the digital back swung it for me. So now I'm after an a Arca Swiss 6x9 adapter (M mount) for my Phase One P65+. Many thanks.
-
Ah, makes sense. Have you tried this guy yet?
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=85263.0
There are also generics on ebay for $160ish, just a piece of metal with no moving parts if you wanted to give a Chinese one a whirl.
-
Hi,
Unfortunately, the spare one I have is a V mount. I also have an M mount, but am currently using it for myself.
And my advice is to not bother with the Chinese ones. I did that myself and wasted the money. I also have a Rotaslide, and the Chinese plate is ever so slightly too thick, so it won't fit into the Rotaslide. They can work on the older A and B model Arca Swiss cameras, but not the newer F, M, and R cameras.
I know that the original plate is expensive... I ended up buying mine new as I couldn't find a used one. However, when using it with my Rotaslide, I do have to comment that the focus is RIGHT on. It really surprised me, and was satisfying. In this case, I got what I paid for.
John
-
I hear you John. Thank you!
-
Might also want to look into whether anyone is willing to part with one out of an Arca RM3Di kit. I think the plates are interchangeable between the M and R line cameras.
Here's a kit with an M mount plate that was just posted for sale today...
http://www.getdpi.com/wp/classifieds/show-ad/782/arca-rm3di-full-kit-with-rodenstock-40mm-and-70mm/australia/
-
I'm not sure which camera you currently have, so I don't know if this is relevant to you. I have a 6x9 monolith, and it came with the older "Non-N" ground glass version. When I got the Rotaslide and wanted to use it with wide lenses like a 35mm, I had to change my ground glass to the newer "N" version to get it to work properly. It's depth is about 2.5mm shallower, which is necessary for the 35mm.
What I really wanted to point out, however, is that you should check which version of ground glass came with your camera and make sure that the adapter you buy for the DB is the same version. An older "Non-N" ground glass paired with a newer "N" DB adapter will mean that your focus will be way off.
Best,
John
-
Thanks for the heads up John! I am after the newer "N" version.