Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Jimmy D Uptain on March 27, 2014, 08:54:38 pm

Title: Frances B Johnston's Camera
Post by: Jimmy D Uptain on March 27, 2014, 08:54:38 pm
One of my co-workers claims to have in his posession a camera owned by Frances B Johnston. He asked me if I was interested in checking it out. Well of course I was.
So here's a pic of the camera in question as well as a plaque on the tripod. I noticed that the screws are two different types so I'm a bit suspicious.
If any of you guys are history buffs, check out the photo's let me know if this seems legit.
I have no interest in this other than the historical accuracy.

(http://paintboxphotography.com/img/s5/v132/p538305466-5.jpg)

(http://paintboxphotography.com/img/s8/v83/p725718026-6.jpg)
Title: Re: Frances B Johnston's Camera
Post by: eronald on March 27, 2014, 08:58:13 pm
pix locked
Title: Re: Frances B Johnston's Camera
Post by: Jimmy D Uptain on March 27, 2014, 09:02:34 pm
Thanks, I think I fixed it.
Title: Re: Frances B Johnston's Camera
Post by: LenR on March 27, 2014, 10:50:35 pm
Absolutely....WOW!
Just imagine what that has seen.
Are you in DC or NY?
Title: Re: Frances B Johnston's Camera
Post by: Jimmy D Uptain on March 28, 2014, 06:27:50 am
Absolutely....WOW!
Just imagine what that has seen.
Are you in DC or NY?

No. A little farther south. Alabama.
Yeah, I was thinking about what has gone through that lens as well.
There is a hole in the bellows, where he claims someone's finger punched through as they were taking the camera away from her.
Seems she was photographing something she wasn't supposed to see.
I'm gonna try and get back up to his place soon. He has quite a collection of odd things.