Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: calindustries on March 26, 2014, 11:58:30 am

Title: extension tubes with HCD 35-90
Post by: calindustries on March 26, 2014, 11:58:30 am
So I've been playing with the 35-90 and I knew that closish focusing wasn't going to compare to my 24-70 but I seem to be bumping up to the limit to where I would ideating like to focus on close portraits. I understand that the macro converter can't be used on this lens (why, has anyone tried in real world, will you just get an error?), but how will extension tubes perform with this lens?

Thanks,
Craig

Title: Re: extension tubes with HCD 35-90
Post by: Go Go on March 27, 2014, 02:17:41 pm
Hi Craig,

This is my opinion on the matter of using the HC35-90 for people portraits. I don't use it for people portraits any more and have since sold the lens. Even with the lens distortion corrections in Phocus I personally still found the perspective of the images to be a little off.

I use the HC50II the HC100 and the HC150 (and desperately want a 210). I think that the primes are by far more flattering to the people that I shoot.

As to the tube yes they work fine, you will get closer to subject and loose infinity focus.

The HC 35-90 is a fine lens I just don't think it works for people especially if you need to point it up or down.

Happy trails.