Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: disneytoy on March 24, 2014, 02:34:31 pm

Title: Profile for Epson Exhibition Canvas Matte "NATURAL" Epson r1900 & r2400
Post by: disneytoy on March 24, 2014, 02:34:31 pm
Greetings!

I just got in a 17" roll of Epson Exhibition Canvas Matte Natural. I'll try printing on it on my uncles 3880 which has a profile. I cut down some for test prints. i have both a r1900 and r2400. I could not find any icc profiles. I know these are older printers but print fine.

1) are there any profiles for this combo?

2) I don't have anything to make my own profile. So, could someone give me a starting point with available Epson profiles?

I think I read to use the Watercolor profile, But I use the WC paper and it is very white, and this canvas is very creamy colored.

I haven't delved into creating profiles before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Max
Title: Re: Profile for Epson Exhibition Canvas Matte "NATURAL" Epson r1900 & r2400
Post by: digitaldog on March 24, 2014, 02:42:55 pm
I don't think Epson supplies profiles for that media expect for what they consider "professional printers", 3880 and up. As such, the results on a R1900 or R2400 would not be so great.
Title: Re: Profile for Epson Exhibition Canvas Matte "NATURAL" Epson r1900 & r2400
Post by: disneytoy on March 24, 2014, 04:57:00 pm
In case, someone else would like to use this canvas. I print on Red River Aurora Cotton paper Natural and white. I just did a test print from Lightroom on the Aurora Natural. Then on the Matte Canvas with the same profile. It came out very nice. Maybe a bit too much yellow in comparison to the red river paper.

Bottom line, I don't have anything to create my own profiles, so, I'm pretty happy that my test prints are in the ballpark.