Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: henrikfoto on March 23, 2014, 03:54:04 pm

Title: Advice on longer LF lenses needed
Post by: henrikfoto on March 23, 2014, 03:54:04 pm
I would like a longer lens for my Sinar P3 to have a litte extra distance between the object and the camera.

The longest digital lenses I have is 180mm.
I would like a lens about 200-300 mm.

What lens will be best in this category?
And how long will the bellow extention be with a lens like that?
Title: Re: Advice on longer LF lenses needed
Post by: Hening Bettermann on March 23, 2014, 04:32:05 pm
Apo Fujinon 9/180, M Nikkor 8/200, Apo Fujinon 9/240,  and the Apo Ronar 9/300. The bellows extension will roughly have to be the focal length.

Good light!
Title: Re: Advice on longer LF lenses needed
Post by: EricWHiss on March 23, 2014, 04:43:07 pm
+1 for the Ronars    240mm is also very good.
Title: Re: Advice on longer LF lenses needed
Post by: henrikfoto on March 23, 2014, 06:16:03 pm
And the Ronars are even good with digital 80 mp?
Title: Re: Advice on longer LF lenses needed
Post by: henrikfoto on March 23, 2014, 07:41:59 pm
I am using Rollei electronic shutters. All I can see of these shutters are size 0 and size 1.
Maybe that will be limiting for some lenses like the Apo Ronars?

Or maybe it is possible to buy the Rollei shutters in size 2 or 3?
Title: Re: Advice on longer LF lenses needed
Post by: Kumar on March 23, 2014, 10:59:04 pm
The above-mentioned lenses are all in Copal 0 or 1 shutters. The Rollei controller works only with these sizes, not the larger ones. A good reference for large format lenses is http://www.thalmann.com/largeformat/ (http://www.thalmann.com/largeformat/)

Kumar
Title: Re: Advice on longer LF lenses needed
Post by: EricWHiss on March 23, 2014, 11:30:42 pm
Rollei shutters are available in size 0 and 1 only as far as I know….  But the 240 Ronar is copal 1
Title: Re: Advice on longer LF lenses needed
Post by: henrikfoto on March 24, 2014, 12:30:49 pm
Thanks everybody!