Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Diveandfly on March 21, 2014, 04:58:12 am

Title: Canon IX6550 - Auto head clean
Post by: Diveandfly on March 21, 2014, 04:58:12 am
Does anyone know how to turn off the auto head clean on this printer? It seems to be performing a clean every few prints and is consuming ink at a furious rate.

Steve.
Title: Re: Canon IX6550 - Auto head clean
Post by: graeme on March 21, 2014, 07:05:19 am
Hi Steve

I haven't found a way to disable the auto head clean but you may be getting through ink quickly simply because the 6550 is an A3 printer with very small cartridges. I bought a continuous ink supply system for mine:

http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/ciss/canon/ix6550/ix-series

Have been using it for about 2 years now and am generally pleased with it.

Graeme
Title: Re: Canon IX6550 - Auto head clean
Post by: Diveandfly on March 21, 2014, 07:39:11 am
Hi Graeme,

Thanks for the advice. I have used CISS systems on Epson printers before but have struggled with quality. I might well have another go as its been a few years!

I had a similar problem recently with an Epson R3000, it was auto cleaning far too much. After a search on the net I found that updating the driver was the solution. As this is the first Canon printer I have used for some years, it could just be a Canon thing which I am unfamiliar with. I don't like to waste the ink, but the frequency is a pain in the rear as much as anything else.

I will have a look at the link. Thanks again.

Steve.