Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on March 21, 2014, 02:34:25 am

Title: Dogs and shadows and I
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on March 21, 2014, 02:34:25 am
From Palma de Mallorca, December 2013
Cheers
~Chris



Dog and shadows and I


(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3752/11969641525_37124d8d96_c.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/feldhaim/11969641525/)
Title: Re: Dogs and shadows and I
Post by: petermfiore on March 21, 2014, 07:14:50 am
X marks the spot. Fun shot.

Peter
Title: Re: Dogs and shadows and I
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 21, 2014, 06:16:34 pm
A very subtle selfie!
Title: Re: Dogs and shadows and I
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on March 25, 2014, 04:28:42 pm
Two comments spot on - the palm shadow indeed was my trigger and yes - it was intended to have that visible mark of mine - like a signature ...
Cheers
~Chris
Title: Re: Dogs and shadows and I
Post by: wolfnowl on March 26, 2014, 01:57:04 am
Nicely done.

Mike.
Title: Re: Dogs and shadows and I
Post by: francois on March 26, 2014, 06:35:43 am
Two comments spot on - the palm shadow indeed was my trigger and yes - it was intended to have that visible mark of mine - like a signature ...
Cheers
~Chris

Beautifully done. You were at the perfect place at the perfect moment and you didn't screw up - a sign of great skill!

Bravo Christoph!
Title: Re: Dogs and shadows and I
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on March 26, 2014, 06:58:36 am
Beautifully done. You were at the perfect place at the perfect moment and you didn't screw up - a sign of great skill!

Bravo Christoph!

The truth us I was standing there for like 15 minutes pointing with the camera and letting people walk by.
I have a series of this situation of maybe 5-7 images.
So it was kinda systematic - not so much skill - and a bit of luck.
Cheers
~Chris
Title: Re: Dogs and shadows and I
Post by: francois on March 26, 2014, 07:07:52 am
The truth us I was standing there for like 15 minutes pointing with the camera and letting people walk by.
I have a series of this situation of maybe 5-7 images.
So it was kinda systematic - not so much skill - and a bit of luck.
Cheers
~Chris

Anyway, it's a very nice image and I'm still convinced that luck is just a small part of it…  ;)
Title: Re: Dogs and shadows and I
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on March 26, 2014, 07:17:27 am
Anyway, it's a very nice image and I'm still convinced that luck is just a small part of it…  ;)

Thanks, Francois.
One could consider patience, planning and the ability to wait a sort of skill though.
Basically its a well know street shooting tactic, to set up and wait.
Since I was standing there with the camera at my face, people simply started to ignore me and kept walking by.
I must admit I don't do it often enough, but I believe it's very effective.

Cheers
~Chris
Title: Re: Dogs and shadows and I
Post by: BobDavid on March 30, 2014, 10:11:27 am
woof!