Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Ernst Dinkla on March 20, 2014, 05:20:08 am

Title: Ilford Galerie (Prestige) Smooth Pearl RC alternative?
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on March 20, 2014, 05:20:08 am
Reading Jan R. Smit's pages on the IGFS alternatives the outcome is that the tested alternatives are either as good or better than IGFS.
http://wp.me/p3e0fn-lu.
In Dutch mainly.

A replacement for Ilford Galerie (Prestige) Smooth Pearl RC paper would be nice too as it suits my Vivera pigment inks + gloss enhancer good. Either the Prestige 310 gsm version or the former Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl 11 RC 280 gsm. Essentially the same paper but a slightly different weight. I have not seen an RC paper with the same properties.


--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
January 2014, 600+ inkjet media white spectral plots.
Title: Re: Ilford Galerie (Prestige) Smooth Pearl RC alternative?
Post by: Czornyj on March 20, 2014, 05:35:58 am
Ernst, did you test the new Tecco Smooth Pearl or Tecco Production Semiglossy 300?
Title: Re: Ilford Galerie (Prestige) Smooth Pearl RC alternative?
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on March 20, 2014, 06:46:01 am
No, so I should try them?  I guess they are new, at least for me.

There is a Tecco Production Semiglossy 200 gsm in my samples measured but the spectral plot differs to the IGSP plot.


--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
January 2014, 600+ inkjet media white spectral plots.
Title: Re: Ilford Galerie (Prestige) Smooth Pearl RC alternative?
Post by: Czornyj on March 20, 2014, 07:02:28 am
I'm asking, because I'm out of IGPSP310 samples, saw samples of Tecco Smooth Pearl and to my eye it seems to be similar to Production Semiglossy 300, but didn't have opportunity to measure all of them ;) Production Semiglossy 300 is in Tecco's offer for quite a long period of time, I'm using it as a substitute to unmatched and lamented Canon Photo Glacier 300.

Never saw Production Semiglossy 200, but Semiglossy 190 is completely different than Semiglossy 300.