Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on March 17, 2014, 12:22:56 am
-
Italy iron work > at the docks
-
Nice. Normally I'd say a bit heavy on the contrast but for this image it works.
Another five minutes well spent.. :D
I hope you don't take this wrong, but many of the images you've recently shared have been previous works from years past? Did you re-process them, or leave as they were back then?
For me, I find one of two things happen:
1. The monitor I was using 10-15 years ago did not profile nearly as well as my current monitors so what I thought I was seeing.. I wasn't. Heck, and I let people see those images and all the while my color/contrast/illumination was off..
2. 10-15 years ago my processing skills were not as well refined, not was my style as well defined, and software has greatly improved.. so I can make a much better image from even a 10-15 year old file using my more current software/skills/style/profiled monitor..
You?
-
Nice. Normally I'd say a bit heavy on the contrast but for this image it works.
Another five minutes well spent.. :D
I hope you don't take this wrong, but many of the images you've recently shared have been previous works from years past? Did you re-process them, or leave as they were back then?
For me, I find one of two things happen:
1. The monitor I was using 10-15 years ago did not profile nearly as well as my current monitors so what I thought I was seeing.. I wasn't. Heck, and I let people see those images and all the while my color/contrast/illumination was off..
Starting back hope to get through the 70/80's this year ....
2. 10-15 years ago my processing skills were not as well refined, not was my style as well defined, and software has greatly improved.. so I can make a much better image from even a 10-15 year old file using my more current software/skills/style/profiled monitor..
You?
Hi STEVE --- I am rescanning them ... (* real pain -I have like 27 binders > full) My scanner was better but my skills were not as now ....Still using the same tools CS4 /know how to tweak a little better
-
Hi STEVE --- I am rescanning them ... (* real pain -I have like 27 binders > full) My scanner was better but my skills were not as now ....Still using the same tools CS4 /know how to tweak a little better
Thank you. I really appreciate the difference in software for imaging processing from say 10 years ago to today.
-
Don't really use much different tools ...just use them a bit better ,,,, the RAW converter helps alot... Shadow/Highlights ,,,