Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Rand47 on March 13, 2014, 10:03:24 pm

Title: Rooster and Ghost Town
Post by: Rand47 on March 13, 2014, 10:03:24 pm
This photo feels like a graphic illustration.  It is charming.  Lovely light and color.  Whimsical... I love whimsical.

Rand
Title: Re: Rooster and Ghost Town
Post by: LesPalenik on March 14, 2014, 06:41:21 am
Whimsical is the right word. And I like whimsical, too.
Great composition, and an excellent example of employing creatively the wide angle lens (although I would add a slight perspective correction).
Title: Re: Rooster and Ghost Town
Post by: PeterAit on March 14, 2014, 08:44:07 am
I love the subject and composition, but the color is cranked up to much for my tastes.
Title: Re: Rooster and Ghost Town
Post by: Kevin Raber on March 14, 2014, 08:48:26 am
There was no color cranking on this one.  Just magical warm sunset light and oddly colored buildings.  Perspective control was applied in C1.  Buildings had their own odd tilts.   It was just of those moments. Right place right time.  Thanks for the comments.

Kevin Raber
Title: Re: Rooster and Ghost Town
Post by: Fine_Art on March 15, 2014, 03:05:55 pm
Very cool image. I remember driving by that area, gawking at the buildings. It looks like a movie set turned town.
Title: Re: Rooster and Ghost Town
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on March 15, 2014, 03:13:43 pm
I liked it a lot.
Had something like being from a strange Johnny Depp Movie ...

Cheers
~Chris