Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: orc73 on March 12, 2014, 01:12:30 pm
-
Hi
I'm owning the H4D-40 with the 80mm bought in the kit and a 50mm. Both are doing fine. I shoot fashion and portraits. Meaning either fullbody and environment, or fullbody, or 3/4 body. Fine with the 50/80 combo.
Now the question is what solution to go for in close up portraits. I'm on a budget and should keep expenses a bit low though.
Which lenses do you recomend? Cheapest solution would be to move away from subject with the 80mm and crop :) what I will do until I find a solution.
I will need to do regular beauty shots for a make up studio(where from a resolution point the croped 80mm would probably do).
Options:
100mm f2.2, which, of course would allow more shallow depth of field and is not to expensive used, light, bokeh is said to be good, though not all pics convinced me
1.7x teleconverter on the 80mm would give a good focal length, not sure about the depth of field and bokeh here
150mm probably to expensive, and to heavy, and I don't know about depth of field and bokeh as well in comparison to above solutions
Who does have experience on them in comparison or in particular?
best regards
-
Try to find a used HC150 or HC150n it is a beautiful lens and will give a totally different perspective from your other lenses.
Every time I use mine it makes me smile.
-
Hi,
I was in the same situation as you are and finally after some test with the HC80+ 1.7 converter i bought a HC150. Go with the HC150 or the HC150n. I´m using this lens mostly for all my portrait stuff.
http://500px.com/photo/61282780 (http://500px.com/photo/61282780)
if I need a more wider lens I´m using the HC50-110.
Detlef
-
nice pictures
-
thanks to both of you for advising :)
Did you compare with the 100?
-
regarding focal lenght somebody posted this before here:
http://www.stepheneastwood.com/tutorials/lensdistortion/index.htm