Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on March 08, 2014, 12:49:13 pm

Title: Window dressing
Post by: cjogo on March 08, 2014, 12:49:13 pm
Late nite street walking -- TLR Rollei >
Title: Re: Window dressing
Post by: Rob C on March 08, 2014, 03:11:09 pm
Combine an excellent eye, interesting subjects and film...

100%!

Rob C
Title: Re: Window dressing
Post by: cjogo on March 08, 2014, 07:08:38 pm
thanks ROB ~!   Very sharp Planar -- Under a minute > at f8  >  HP 5
Title: Re: Window dressing
Post by: BobDavid on March 08, 2014, 09:28:44 pm
Silver halide film really shines through this photo--good for you!
Title: Re: Window dressing
Post by: WalterEG on March 08, 2014, 09:46:12 pm
Always so rewarding to see genuine photography — especially in your capable hands.

I believe that the TLR has an enormous impact on perception as much as anything else.
Title: Re: Window dressing
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 08, 2014, 11:46:35 pm
Always so rewarding to see genuine photography — especially in your capable hands.

I believe that the TLR has an enormous impact on perception as much as anything else.
I agree totally.
Title: Re: Window dressing
Post by: cjogo on March 09, 2014, 03:17:40 am
thanks guys -- more to load soon ~!
Title: Re: Window dressing
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on March 09, 2014, 03:43:24 am
Very nice shot and quite different from the rest of what we've seen from you so far.
Good stuff!
Cheers
~Chris
Title: Re: Window dressing
Post by: cjogo on March 09, 2014, 04:25:39 am
Very nice shot and quite different from the rest of what we've seen from you so far.
Good stuff!
Cheers
~Chris

I have books and books > just year by year >  I guess each week was a little different > I don't even know what to expect on the next negative sheet :[}
Title: Re: Window dressing
Post by: Rob C on March 09, 2014, 05:08:37 am
Always so rewarding to see genuine photography — especially in your capable hands.

I believe that the TLR has an enormous impact on perception as much as anything else.


Agreed, and though I personally bought a prism for the 500C as quickly as I could afford one, the point about the Rollei TLR is, in fact, the waist-level finder, which though not really used much down at that level (who has such great eyes?), still forces you to concentrate, contemplate and avoids direct eye-to-eye situations. An easier to operate version of a stand camera, then?

But as has been noted, there's something about film, and unless the viewer has held or made great wet prints he'll never understand - he simply doesn't have the knowledge, which isn't about fault, it's about experience.

Rob C
Title: Re: Window dressing
Post by: petermfiore on March 09, 2014, 08:39:45 am

 - He simply doesn't have the knowledge, which isn't about fault, it's about experience.

Rob C

Hi Rob,
A maybe not so simple truth.......

Peter