Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on March 04, 2014, 12:44:34 am

Title: The Slide
Post by: cjogo on March 04, 2014, 12:44:34 am
Early colour neg film in the 70's  > California Park  .
Title: Re: The Slide
Post by: RSL on March 04, 2014, 10:55:33 am
Interesting shot.
Title: Re: The Slide
Post by: cjogo on March 04, 2014, 02:58:01 pm
Interesting shot.

Just was out training the eye -- this was a Leica M with a 24mm ..
Title: Re: The Slide
Post by: Rob C on March 04, 2014, 04:18:10 pm
Just was out training the eye -- this was a Leica M with a 24mm ..

I hope it's your kid - I wouldn't want to think about doing shots in this genre in today's world. I'm not for a moment questioning your motives, just remarking that photographers already are two strikes down in the public's consciousness. I'd leave kids, schools and all playgrounds well alone.

My son's ex-girlfriend's sister had left him to babysit - take the child for a walk - and he'd taken her to their local park. The kid was up a slide and he wanted her to come down and go home; she wouldn't, and then somebody told her to do as her Dad had said. She replied that he wasn't her Dad, which was the truth, but he had a helluva time explaining. And he isn't even into cameras.

Rob C
Title: Re: The Slide
Post by: cjogo on March 04, 2014, 04:25:03 pm
I hope it's your kid - I wouldn't want to think about doing shots in this genre in today's world. I'm not for a moment questioning your motives, just remarking that photographers already are two strikes down in the public's consciousness. I'd leave kids, schools and all playgrounds well alone.

My son's ex-girlfriend's sister had left him to babysit - take the child for a walk - and he'd taken her to their local park. The kid was up a slide and he wanted her to come down and go home; she wouldn't, and then somebody told her to do as her Dad had said. She replied that he wasn't her Dad, which was the truth, but he had a helluva time explaining. And he isn't even into cameras.

Rob C

This was back in 1977 --- but yes ,  these days its very dangerous ground....