Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chairman Bill on March 01, 2014, 06:14:02 pm
-
I am now the proud owner of a Fujifilm X100s. First proper outing yesterday, with a wander around the mountains. Yes the fixed focal length is an issue, but my old Rollei 35 served me well for many years whilst mountaineering, and I never complained about its lens. This camera is my digital Rollei, and the D700 & sundry lenses are now consigned to the camera bag, not my rucksack.
As I process the photos, I might get round to posting a few more, but for now, a view of the first summit of Crinkle Crags (from the second), and one of the Scafell range from the col between Crinkle Crags & Bowfell
-
Love 'em, Bill. They look like home in the Rockies.
-
They may be overused sayings, but you've proven once again:
"It's not whatch'ya got; it's whatch'ya do with whatch'ya got." and
"f8 and be there"
amongst others.
Beautiful photographs, Bill.
-
Wonderful images -- they look like they were shot with a least 65mb camera ...
-
Thanks for the comments. Interestingly, when shooting with the Nikon & a couple of zooms (usually a 18-35 & 24-85), I still end up cropping bits off some photos. I think the fixed focal length requires more careful composition from the start, and I've not felt the need to crop any shots I took. That said, the quality of the Fujifilm lens/sensor combo, means that cropping without noticeable loss of quality, is easily done. Yes, there were a few shots I couldn't make, because the lens wasn't wide enough, but I just ended up taking a different shot instead.
-
Hi Bill, nicely done, I especially like the two people in the frame on the second shot, kinda gives it scale. Enjoy your new camera.
-
Kevin, I thought the only way of getting a positive contribution from Russ, was to include the hand of man. The one on the right is pointing, so his hand is definitely there. And it worked; Russ liked 'em ;)
-
. Yes, there were a few shots I couldn't make, because the lens wasn't wide enough, but I just ended up taking a different shot instead.
24mm is pretty wide -- I'm used to a fixed lens & just have to keep repositioning .. There is plenty from edge to edge filling the frame > more than well done '-}
-
It's a 23mm, which is a 35mm equivalent on a full-frame sensor, so not that wide.
Anyway, I said I might post some more, so here's a couple in colour
-
All very good. I especially like #4.