Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Jason Thompson on February 20, 2014, 10:18:54 pm
-
I'm very interested in trying this paper,on my R3000.
Has anyone used it,I will be doing color & B&W's,and primarily for portraits
Any experience?,opinions,comments,advice will be appreciated.
Thanks,
-
Beautiful paper, lots of pedigree and tradition, nice surface texture.
I bought two rolls half an year ago. One is 2/3 full and the other is still closed.
Absolutely nothing wrong with this paper, but my clients tend to choose the slightly softer texture and better contrast of Canson Edition Etching Rag 310g or the slightly more pronounced texture and greater thickness of Hahnemühle Museum Etching 350g.
I will probably end up using it for my personal work.
Best Regards.
-
Works well on my Z3200. Has no OBAs and despite that a high white reflection. Slightly warmer than the neutral Hahnemühle papers that have some OBAs but cooler than the HM papers without OBAs. Texture is soft enough for portraits, even in smaller prints.
--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
January 2014, 600+ inkjet media white spectral plots.
-
The paper I'd probably use for all my MK work, if given an ultimatum. The only negative experience I've had pertained to some inconsistency between lots when I was amidst a large job a few years ago and could get consistent results without reprofiling when the paper lot number changed mid-project.
But with the right profile and process, BFK holds ink beautifully and has a lovely surface in my mind. I refer here to both high and low contrast work, color and B&W; across HP Z series and Epson 900 series machines.
John Caldwell