Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: marimagen on February 20, 2014, 06:13:25 am

Title: Leinox Adapter for Canon FD Lenses -> Nikon body not working
Post by: marimagen on February 20, 2014, 06:13:25 am
Hello, I had read somewhere that the adapter offered no infinity focus, but what I get is no focus at all. I can indeed mount FD lenses on my Nikon D700 body but that's about it. The various FD lenses I've tried can focus at a distance of about 10 inches and everything else is blurred. Is there an accessory or some kind of "contraption" I can use in order to solve the problem? Thanks in advance for your input. Marie
Title: Re: Leinox Adapter for Canon FD Lenses -> Nikon body not working
Post by: mahleu on February 20, 2014, 02:55:59 pm
Does your adapter have a glass element in it? If so it should let you focus to infinity, if not you have a nice macro lens...
Title: Re: Leinox Adapter for Canon FD Lenses -> Nikon body not working
Post by: marimagen on February 20, 2014, 04:55:08 pm
Thanks for your reply. No it doesn't. It was the only kind of adapter I could get in Barcelona. Is there any additional ring, element, etc. I could add to it so I could focus to infinity? Marie
Title: Re: Leinox Adapter for Canon FD Lenses -> Nikon body not working
Post by: mahleu on February 21, 2014, 07:14:18 am
unfortunately you'll need a new adapter, like this Link (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CANON-FD-Lens-to-NIKON-SLR-Mount-Adapter-Infinity-focus-/120556743193?pt=UK_Photography_CameraLenses_Lens_caps_hoods_adaptors_ET&hash=item1c11bdea19).

Is there a particular reason you want to use FD lenses? Old Nikon lenses make more sense unless you already have some very nice lenses.
Title: Re: Leinox Adapter for Canon FD Lenses -> Nikon body not working
Post by: marimagen on February 21, 2014, 08:08:38 am
I see, thanks for the link. Well I have quite a few nice FD lenses and I'd like to be able to use them and see what happens. I made the switch from Canon to Nikon when I decided to go digital back in 2004 or there abouts, so I don't own any "older generation" Nikon glass.