Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: dhancock on February 13, 2014, 10:20:26 am

Title: Life is so much more than pictures
Post by: dhancock on February 13, 2014, 10:20:26 am
Photography makes a great hobby and/or business, but life is so much more than pictures. From a blog I like: http://tkmphoto.wordpress.com/2014/02/12/more-than-pictures/ (http://tkmphoto.wordpress.com/2014/02/12/more-than-pictures/)
Title: Re: Life is so much more than pictures
Post by: Rob C on February 13, 2014, 10:52:44 am
But he still fills the page with his pictures; makes me think of cakes and of eating them...

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Life is so much more than pictures
Post by: dhancock on February 13, 2014, 11:23:47 am
Yes, although life is so much more than pictures, pictures can help you enjoy life!  ;D
Title: Re: Life is so much more than pictures
Post by: Isaac on February 13, 2014, 11:37:03 am
Life is so much more than proselytizing.
Title: Re: Life is so much more than pictures
Post by: dhancock on February 13, 2014, 11:53:55 am
Life is so much more than proselytizing.

+1
Title: Re: Life is so much more than pictures
Post by: Rob C on February 13, 2014, 01:56:01 pm
Will the last person leaving please brush the crumbs off the table?

Rob C
Title: Re: Life is so much more than pictures
Post by: NickNod on February 21, 2014, 01:44:57 am
Picture is a part of life.  ;D
Title: Re: Life is so much more than pictures
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 21, 2014, 03:55:43 am
makes me think of [having] cakes and of eating them...

I've never really seen the problem with that: doing either without the other seems either rather pointless or distinctly tricky. As Boris Johnson commented (and I hope I quote him correctly), "I'm still pro having cake, and pro eating it as well".

Jeremy
Title: Re: Life is so much more than pictures
Post by: Rob C on February 21, 2014, 05:01:28 am
I've never really seen the problem with that: doing either without the other seems either rather pointless or distinctly tricky. As Boris Johnson commented (and I hope I quote him correctly), "I'm still pro having cake, and pro eating it as well".

Jeremy


That's a conveniently glib and false interpretation/sound bite for a politico, but in reality and what I take as the spirit of the thing, once you eat it you no longer have it. Worse, the next time you see it you sort of wish you hadn't. Normally, that is.

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Life is so much more than pictures
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 22, 2014, 04:26:42 am
Worse, the next time you see it you sort of wish you hadn't. Normally, that is.

I think you and I visit different patisseries, Rob. The only thing I regret after eating cake is its effect on my weight - and my paunch.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Life is so much more than pictures
Post by: Rob C on February 22, 2014, 10:00:10 am
I think you and I visit different patisseries, Rob. The only thing I regret after eating cake is its effect on my weight - and my paunch.

Jeremy


Jeremy, for me with cholesterol history it's a forbidden world. Just like pizza and those wonderful cheeseboards the French used to offer us in years gone by... God, how I loved all those delights! But I didn't get fat: never made more than 70k which I think is eleven stone, and I was 5'11¾ - never, ever climbed up to the magical 6'! Along with most of my hair, I also seem to have had some inches stolen from the top of my head. You just can't trust anybody these days - or it might simply be the Mallorcan water. Or the lack of cheese.

Rob C