Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: HSakols on February 12, 2014, 09:45:14 am

Title: Nec PA272w or Nec PA301w
Post by: HSakols on February 12, 2014, 09:45:14 am
Right now I can get a Nec PA272w for $1200 and a Nec PA301w for $1600.  I think it is time to upgrade my P221w and replace it with one of these monsters.   I can't decide between the two monitors and would appreciate any input. Is the PA301w an older technology?   
Title: Re: Nec PA272w or Nec PA301w
Post by: digitaldog on February 12, 2014, 10:45:19 am
The newer 30" is the PA302W-SV. I have the PA272W (replaced the previous PA271W) and it's a big step up technology wise although looks almost identical. There was a discussion here about the differences and such, do a search. Unless the bigger size, lower price for the older 30" is a must, go for the newer technology (LED backlight etc).