Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: G* on February 11, 2014, 09:51:54 am
-
Hi,
it seems I am not the only person suffering from ridiculously slow previews of .NEF files in Mac OS X 10.9.1 a.k.a. Mavericks. I am not talking about the color problem of the early days, just that it takes forever if you hit preview (space bar) on a .NEF file (D800E, J1 and V1 in my case).
From the web I learned that one has to update Digital Camera RAW Compatibility to version 4.0.9 – but that’s the version on my machine and still it’s awfully slow. (I can’t compare with what it must have been before since I update OS X only last week.)
Anyone having found a fix to this problem? I’m getting lost in all those threads using "Mavericks" and "problem" as keywords … :(
-
That OS is really buggy in terms of handling previews in the Finder if that's what you're referring to. DNG's and PSB files don't produce any previews, a bug. Apple knows about it.