Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: huguito on February 10, 2014, 02:33:14 pm

Title: Print boxes needed
Post by: huguito on February 10, 2014, 02:33:14 pm
Anyone has a good suplier of not too expensive print boxes?
I am looking for 13x19, 17x22 and maybe some larger than that. Prints are piling up and I don't have a drawer big enough to keep them flat
Hugo
Title: Re: Print boxes needed
Post by: hugowolf on February 10, 2014, 03:04:15 pm
Anyone has a good suplier of not too expensive print boxes?
I am looking for 13x19, 17x22 and maybe some larger than that. Prints are piling up and I don't have a drawer big enough to keep them flat
Hugo

You don't have your location listed in your profile, but if you are in the US, then...

It depends who has a sale on at the time, but
http://www.dickblick.com/products/blick-metal-edge-archival-clamshell-boxes/
http://www.gaylord.com/archivalboxes.asp
http://www.archivalmethods.com/category/boxes

For more important prints I use: http://www.centuryboxes.com/products.php?catid=1&category=Century Box
but I buy them from B&H, or whoever has them for the lowest price.

Brian A
Title: Re: Print boxes needed
Post by: huguito on February 10, 2014, 05:57:35 pm
Thanks
Archival Methods has the right size at 17.5 x 22.5 and a very good price at $28.50
Title: Re: Print boxes needed
Post by: RachelleK on February 10, 2014, 06:09:59 pm
Thanks
Archival Methods has the right size at 17.5 x 22.5 and a very good price at $28.50

Doesn't seem like a very good price to me.  Is this the same one?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/442074-REG/Archival_Methods_01_118_01_118_Drop_Front_Archival.html

I bought some of these and they are fine for storage.
Title: Re: Print boxes needed
Post by: hugowolf on February 10, 2014, 09:18:52 pm
Doesn't seem like a very good price to me.  Is this the same one?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/442074-REG/Archival_Methods_01_118_01_118_Drop_Front_Archival.html

I bought some of these and they are fine for storage.

Generally you can find Archival Methods boxes at better prices than at the Archival Methods site. They are not going to out-price the retaillers they supply.

Brian A
Title: Re: Print boxes needed
Post by: huguito on February 11, 2014, 01:06:55 am
Thanks guys, you are right, its a better price for the same item