Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: huguito on February 07, 2014, 01:20:17 pm

Title: Re Saving
Post by: huguito on February 07, 2014, 01:20:17 pm
I am trying to start using Lightroom and found a problem with some files that where saving as Photoshop files with lots of adjustments and layers on them.
Lightroom doesn't "see" them. I understand that I may havesaved them without checking on the "backwards compatibility" option.
Is there a way to re-save checking that option?
Would I be better off saving as TIFF with all the layers?
Thanks

Hugo
Title: Re: Re Saving
Post by: AFairley on February 07, 2014, 02:14:05 pm
Are you opening the original images into Photoshop via Lightroom (as in right click on the image in Lightroom and choose Edit in Photoshop or whatever the option is)?  If so, the saved PSD should show up in your LR library.  However, if you are opening the original image directly into Photoshop, AFAIK when you save a PSD after editing it won't show up in Lightroom unless you synchronize the folder in which the new PSD resides.
Title: Re: Re Saving
Post by: wolfnowl on February 09, 2014, 02:08:16 am
Also, if you open in PS from LR, but press 'Save As...' in PS rather than 'Save', the images aren't automatically imported either.  Easy in LR library module to right-click on the folder in question and select 'Synchronize'.

Mike.