Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: David Anderson on February 04, 2014, 07:05:26 am
-
Have Hasselblad lost the plot ?
Seriously, a re-packaged Sony A99 for over 11K ??
Would anyone here stump up for a HV at that kind of money ?
::)
This is surely tarnishing the brand.
Sack the marketing department. 8)
-
Well actually they are improving I think :-\
This Hasselblad actually looks better than it's "cheap" Sony A99 sibling.
The previous rebadged Sony's in Hasselblad drag (NEX7 and RX1) actually looked worse than the camera's they started from.
Still I agree, it's a camera for people who have ample money and no sense :D
-
Man, I sure saved a pile of dough when I bought my A99/Zeiss 24-70 a while back. What a saavy consumer I am <g>.
-
Ah, the third in a line of "you will be our b*tch and pay us to slap you in the face while we laugh at you, ok?" cameras.
Meanwhile, there is a "limited edition" of the Lunar. Only 200 of these hideously ugly creatures will be allowed to escape. And the marketing copy is a substitute for ipecac. The horror. The horror:
http://www.elitetraveler.com/features/hasselblad-lunar-limited-edition-only-200-models-released
Hey we're Hasselblad. We stopped actually making cameras years ago. Now we just pretend. We buy Asian cameras that actually work and pretend that they were made by white people in northern Europe. We use real Swiss fonts in our advertising!
-
I tend to believe the rivals of the soon to be late Hasselblad brand made it into the company undercover and are actively destroying it.
Stellar - Lunar - HV ... what will come next from these moles to finally destroy one of the formerly finest camera makers?
I tried to see these glitches with some sort of humor, but I don't find it funny anymore. This is totally beyond my imagination.
I'd call this "locust marketing" ...
25 years ago Hasselblad was ridiculed by some in Germany as "Hasselblöd" (~Hasseldumb) because of the high price for the cameras.
Seems it becomes a new meaning these days ....
-
Have Hasselblad lost the plot ?
Seriously, a re-packaged Sony A99 for over 11K ??
…
Sack the marketing department. 8)
To be fair, the Hasselblad CEO who initiated this line of pimped Sony cameras was indeed sacked recently, so I have hopes that the Hasselblad HV is the last of this line …
… does that add to its value as a collectors item?!
-
The new CEO is stuck endorsing the existing product line. They can fix the brand after they unload these albatrosses.
Hasselblad CEO Ian Rawcliffe said: “Our Lunar mirrorless, interchangeable lens camera range embraces all the advanced technology found in top DSLR models and each unit in this latest Limited Edition version is offered sequentially numbered.”
“This is a unique opportunity for a very small number of discerning photographers who want high-spec shooting capability linked with matchless Italian craftsmanship in a point and shoot camera, to invest in a photo-capture icon,” he added.
These cameras are sequentially numbered people! Those numbers are engineered with Swedish precision.
-
Personally, I hope they survive coz my H3Dll 39ms, that is now four years old, has paid for itself many times over. Multi-shot is extraordinary.
D.
-
Hi,
Designing the camera in Sweden and the numbers in Italy would have been better.
Best regards
Erik
The new CEO is stuck endorsing the existing product line. They can fix the brand after they unload these albatrosses.
These cameras are sequentially numbered people! Those numbers are engineered with Swedish precision.
-
It's not been a good decade for Swedish industry either. RIP SAAB. I used to own one of the automobiles, which gave me 19 years of service. I have ridden on a few of the SAAB airplanes as well.
-
The Hasselblad HiV won't go viral. :D
Eduardo
-
Not much to think about compared to the $880 000 iPhone case (http://www.gazelle.com/thehorn/2013/09/20/the-7-most-expensive-iphone-cases/).
Cheers,
-
Hmmm... I choose to be positive about this. Suppose: Hasselblad have been releasing ludicrously overpriced versions of Sony cameras recently. Sony are making a MFD sensor for Hasselblad. Ergo, by patented JohnTodd logic, Sony must be about to release a ludicrously *underpriced* version of the H5! Nothing could be clearer! $2K, max! ;)
-
Sony must be about to release a ludicrously *underpriced* version of the H5! Nothing could be clearer! $2K, max! ;)
Glass half full - I like it.. ;D
-
What's next? A Hasselblad Lomo?