Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on January 29, 2014, 02:13:18 pm
-
The attached image is a 1:1 crop of an image I processed today, with some extreme settings.
Now I see something which looks like aliasing, but a strange one and some very unpleasant shadows bleeding (I often see this even with more moderate settings).
Clarity was at 0, changing the sharpening, which is moderate didn't help.
I didn't manage to reproduce this in Capture One - seems Lightroom (V 5.3) is doing funny things here.
Ideas?
Settings:
Camera: Fuji X-E2
Color temperature: 6000 / +10
Exposure: -0.88
Contrast: +100
Highlights: -100
Shadows: -100
Whites: +46
Blacks: -100
Clarity: 0
Vibrance: +52
Saturation: 0
Tone Curve: untouched
Sharpening: 43, 0.5, 100, 77
Luminance NR: 0
Color NR: 26, 50, 50
-
Both the hightlights and shadows controls are content aware adjustments. At large values they may/will create visible halo's especially at sharp edges. The very high setting of the detail slider will amplify this effect. In your example a much better result will be obtained by (drastic) adjustments of the tone curve alone.
Highlights and shadows are good for clear but subtle enhancement of weak local contrast, not for pure black/white transitions.
Boudewijn Swanenburg
-
Cool - I didn't know that yet.
The attached image is now done with tone curve only - I also pulled down detail.
Thanks a lot.
Cheers
~Chris