Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Kit-V on January 28, 2014, 05:09:12 pm

Title: Nik Color Efex Pro 4 & Lightroom 5
Post by: Kit-V on January 28, 2014, 05:09:12 pm
I am familiarizing myself with the trial version of Color Efex Pro 4 in the NIK Collection of filters. After applying several filter effects to an image, I opened the image in LR5 & noticed a considerable amount of digital noise had been apparently introduced by the NIK filters. For those of you who use Color Efex Pro 4 (as well as other NIK plug-ins), is this an inherent problem?

I used the Noise Reduction slider in the Detail panel of LR5, but with limit success. Hopefully someone can educate me on how to better control the introduction of digital noise if I decide to use Color Efex Pro 4 in the future.

Thank you kindly.

Kit
Title: Re: Nik Color Efex Pro 4 & Lightroom 5
Post by: PhotoEcosse on January 29, 2014, 05:17:38 am
No noise problems when using ColorEfexPro4 from within Lightroom 5.3 normally.

There are one or two of the filters that might have such an effect. For example, ramping up the "Details Enhancer" will obviously have some effect.

Are you only noticing the noise once your Tiff is re-imported into LR? Or do you see it in CEP4?
Title: Re: Nik Color Efex Pro 4 & Lightroom 5
Post by: Kit-V on January 29, 2014, 08:18:55 am
No noise problems when using ColorEfexPro4 from within Lightroom 5.3 normally.
Are you only noticing the noise once your Tiff is re-imported into LR? Or do you see it in CEP4?

Hmm... good point. I didn't check to see if the noise was present in CEP4. Will do. Thanks.