Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Jack Hill on January 24, 2014, 04:41:08 pm
-
I just upgraded to the new Mac Pro, which came loaded with software, I have the Epson 9900 and the newest Epson Print Driver, 9.17. I've experienced some strange behavior, such as in the Page Setup. After setting up roll paper, paper size and saving as a preset, all my settings default to Roll Paper Banner and an odd paper size. I've read about Apples Epson Printer Driver Updates and although I've never initiated a driver update, my new Mac Pro may have these updates pre-installed. At least, this is my assumption.
My question is, where would these problematic Epson Drivers have been installed? Can I simply find and delete? Do drivers have a common file name? Any other tips on tracking this issue down is greatly appreciated. - Jack
-
I checked the printer update released by epson and installed thru the apple update.
The list does not include any pro wide format printers. It seems to stop at the epson 2880, 3000 etc.
There is however on Epson's site a 9.17 upgrade from 9.04 for my 3880.
I have not updated to Maverick yet and will not do so until next update has been in the field for at least two weeks.
installed the update for my office epson printers do not see any changes
will monitor this thread
cheers elo
-
Hi Jack
I'm running a 3880 under mavericks and everything is working as it should. But, acting on advice here, I installed drivers downloaded direct from Epson.
If you suspect the Apple loaded drivers, go to Library/Printers and throw away the folder named Epson. Then go to the Epson site and download and install the newest version.
That should at least eliminate the driver as the cause of your issue.
Cheers
Tim
-
Problem Potentially Solved. I followed your suggestion Mac, and trashed the Epson Folder (Library/Printers/Epson) and re-installed the current Epson 9900 driver 9.17. I discarded the previous driver from Printers & Scanners and Repaired Permissions as Epson recommends when un-installing a driver. I had numerous permission errors regarding printer files. I also found on a connected back-up external drive a copy of an older Library from my previous computer. In that Library/Printers/Epson I found what looked like more drivers for all brands of printers. I sent this old Printers file to the trash and immediately emptied the Trash and compressed the entire Library Folder as not to get an old library folder confused with my current system library files.
After another restart, opening a PSD file in Photoshop CC and clicking on Print, nothing looked drastically different but after setting up Page Setup to print, I went through the procedure again and delightfully the previous settings in Page Setup were intact! I'm not sure if was un-installing and re-installing the driver or dumping a back-up library folder on an external drive connected that made the difference. Maybe both steps helped to clear up the issue. I'm just happy the driver is now functioning properly.
Thanks again everyone for the input. - Jack
-
NEVER let the Apple system update muck with your Epson driver, kiss of death. Always install the driver from Epson.
-
Also.... Watch where you download from.
The software on the US site is not always the same as the EURO site. Be consistant. I live in the UK now and only use the EURO site as that is where my epson support is.
-
Example of variance in content on Epson Download site
Firmware for 3880 on EU site is 09/03/2010 (P0079C) while the US site is 10/02/13 (P030D8)
No explanation re content etc….
cheers
(apologise Us site says change is for auto power off timer possible issue)