Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Molasar on January 23, 2014, 01:15:10 pm

Title: EOS-1n film camera top LCD question
Post by: Molasar on January 23, 2014, 01:15:10 pm
Hello,

Newbie here to this forum.

I recently purchased a Canon EOS-1n HS film camera on eBay in as pristine and mint condition as I can ever hope to find.

I don't yet have a Canon lens I can attach, but anyways I loaded 8 AA batteries and turned it on.

I was able to "play" around with it a bit, without lens, and even fire the shutter a couple of times.

However, when I pressed the LCD illumination button, the LCD lit up an instant (light blue) then turned off. I was unable to get it to light up again. I waited more than 8 seconds and tried again, several times, pulled batteries, etc., with no joy.

Question is: Could this be a malfunction or does this function need a lens attached?

What I did notice is that the backlight flickered a bit before it went off.

Thanks!
Title: Re: EOS-1n film camera top LCD question
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 24, 2014, 04:33:10 am
It seems like the light in the top LCD is broken. I used to have one of those cameras, the top LCD does not require a lens to be attached for the light to function.