Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: doug_ramerth on January 22, 2014, 09:41:07 pm

Title: What's Your Graphics Card That's Compatible with SpectraView II on Win 8.1?
Post by: doug_ramerth on January 22, 2014, 09:41:07 pm
I have a new Win 8.1 PC build that has a failure to communicate between SpectraView II and a NEC MultiSync LCD2490WUXi2 (see post http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=86408.0). I'm unable to find a list of video drivers proven to be DDC/CI communication compatible with a Core i7 and Asus motherboard.

If you have similar hardware, then what graphics card are you using that allows you to color calibrate on a DVI port only (no USB connection, no HDMI connection)?

Thanks, Doug

 
Title: Re: What's Your Graphics Card That's Compatible with SpectraView II on Win 8.1?
Post by: PhotoEcosse on January 23, 2014, 11:25:07 am
Can't you take a DVI connection direct from your MB?
Title: Re: What's Your Graphics Card That's Compatible with SpectraView II on Win 8.1?
Post by: mlewis on January 23, 2014, 01:54:21 pm
My experience is that the onboard Intel graphics won't work.  Any AMD or NVidia graphics card should work.  I just built a computer with a new i5 processor and I had the same problems.  I put my AMD graphics card in from my previous computer and that works fine.
Title: Re: What's Your Graphics Card That's Compatible with SpectraView II on Win 8.1?
Post by: doug_ramerth on January 23, 2014, 02:21:07 pm
In my other post, I describe the various builds I've tried in an attempt to resolve this issue.

Integrated graphics with a Core i7 processor (connecting DVI to the MB) doesn't work for me.

A Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 4550 card from my older computer that worked fine doesn't communicate with the monitor on my new PC build.

Microsoft tells me it's a hardware compatibility issue.

NEC tells me it's a driver issue.

I'm waiting for Intel to provide support. I'm waiting for Gigabyte to provide support.