Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Ken Bennett on January 22, 2014, 08:10:54 am

Title: Dead Spectraview puck?
Post by: Ken Bennett on January 22, 2014, 08:10:54 am
I have a NEC Multisync 2690wuxi2 monitor with the included SpectraviewII software and a custom puck. The software will no longer recognize that the puck is attached via USB, no matter which USB outlet or hub I try. I'm on a Macbook Air running 10.7.5. I have successfully used this system less than two months ago to calibrate the monitor.

Is the puck just dead? Anyone else have this problem? The monitor is probably 3 or 4 years old.

Thanks!
Title: Re: Dead Spectraview puck?
Post by: howardm on January 22, 2014, 10:16:20 am
it sounds fairly dead.  do you have another computer you can plug the puck into (doesn't have to be a Mac).  At the very least it should 'register' w/ the operating system.
Title: Re: Dead Spectraview puck?
Post by: digitaldog on January 22, 2014, 10:51:43 am
Does the system analysis show it as a USB device? Did you try the i1 Diagnostic software (free from X-rite)? What about another Mac?
Title: Re: Dead Spectraview puck?
Post by: Ken Bennett on January 22, 2014, 11:20:54 am
Right, duh. Will take it home and check it on my iMac. The puck does show up intermittently in the system profiler.