Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: cocasana on January 21, 2014, 09:40:02 pm

Title: Mac, Bridge and preview icons.
Post by: cocasana on January 21, 2014, 09:40:02 pm
Hi there. Something I can't understand happens.
I'm working on a Mac (OSX 10.6.8.), with PS 10.0X64, Bridge 6.0.1.6.
I open a Raw file, process it, then I open it in PS, process it saving it with an increasing number name from time to time while going on in PP. When I open the folder that contains the files in Bridge I will be able to see the files preview image and open them without problems.
If I open the folder that contains the same files from the desktop (system) not all files will show their preview, and if I highlight the ones without preview with the mouse the screen window closes/crashes. Any idea?
Title: Re: Mac, Bridge and preview icons.
Post by: Chris_Brown on January 24, 2014, 10:13:09 am
You might try running a maintenance script that re-associates files with their respective programs. If there is no finder icon for the file, it may indicate a loss of program link and the LaunchServices database needs to be rebuilt.

Download and run Onyx (http://www.titanium.free.fr/downloadonyx.php) if you haven't already. It's a free maintenance app.
Title: Re: Mac, Bridge and preview icons.
Post by: cocasana on January 27, 2014, 03:05:48 am
Hi Chris, in the system folder I can see the system's tiff icon, but normally I would be able to see the instead of the tiff icon the preview of the photo. If I highlight with the mouse the icon with the photo preview it will be all right, if I only see the system's tiff icon and I highlight it with the mouse the page will collapse. I guess it can depend on how I save the file (save with layers, compression, ecc). I still didn't have time to experiment, but I will do it today.