Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: dhancock on January 21, 2014, 09:02:33 am

Title: Love this guy's wildlife shots!
Post by: dhancock on January 21, 2014, 09:02:33 am
I interviewed Patrick for my website - interesting story. He started out in photo retail, and then he started taking pictures. Normally it seems to be the other way around. Either way, he takes amazing wildlife shots, especially of eagles. danielhancockphotography.com/photography/insights-from-an-interview-with-patrick-kriner/ (http://danielhancockphotography.com/photography/insights-from-an-interview-with-patrick-kriner/) It is always fun to hear from other photographers.
Title: Re: Love this guy's wildlife shots!
Post by: Alan Klein on January 22, 2014, 10:24:28 am
Do you think if I put out a bird feeder I could attact eagles to shoot?  I haven't seen to many close by where I live in New Jersey.
Title: Re: Love this guy's wildlife shots!
Post by: dhancock on January 22, 2014, 10:34:20 am
You might... ;D In the suburban area where I live, birdfeeders that are left out in the open also become a hawk feeder. Hopefully they'll get the sparrows, but they often seem to get the finches too.
Title: Re: Love this guy's wildlife shots!
Post by: Alan Klein on January 22, 2014, 02:12:23 pm
Are finches better than sparrows?  Never knew that.  Why?
Title: Re: Love this guy's wildlife shots!
Post by: dhancock on January 22, 2014, 03:55:00 pm
I prefer to keep the native species in the area, and let the non-native birds feed the local hawks. English sparrows are non-native, and tend to harass the local birds.

Title: Re: Love this guy's wildlife shots!
Post by: Alan Klein on January 22, 2014, 05:01:18 pm
Well, once they pass the imigration bill, English sparrows will get a green card.
Title: Re: Love this guy's wildlife shots!
Post by: Rory on January 22, 2014, 08:30:57 pm
His images are not bad.  A lot of them appear to be pretty heavy crops.
Title: Re: Love this guy's wildlife shots!
Post by: NancyP on January 24, 2014, 05:34:47 pm
I have eagle feeders in my back yard. They are called "Mississippi River Locks and Dams". Fish go through the dam gate at high speed with turbulence, are knocked silly, and are too dazed for a few minutes afterward to avoid the eagles congregated just downstream of the dam.
Title: Re: Love this guy's wildlife shots!
Post by: Alan Klein on January 24, 2014, 06:15:08 pm
Now that's a bird feeder!
Title: Re: Love this guy's wildlife shots!
Post by: dhancock on January 24, 2014, 10:01:10 pm
How much do they cost? :P I could use one of them.