Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Steve Weldon on January 20, 2014, 02:19:11 am

Title: 13ms Recognition Of Images!
Post by: Steve Weldon on January 20, 2014, 02:19:11 am
Only by a human.  I think there is a lot in this article we can use in our photography.  (http://news.yahoo.com/record-human-brain-fastest-time-see-image-150431407.html) I'm going to think about it a while and then maybe write a article pointed towards photography.  What do you think?
Title: Re: 13ms Recognition Of Images!
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 20, 2014, 03:40:55 am
Even that's too long to waste on some...

Jeremy
Title: Re: 13ms Recognition Of Images!
Post by: Rob C on January 20, 2014, 05:27:52 am
Don't trust the eye.

Imagine a Y-junction, and that you are at the top of one of the arms. I was in that relative space just a couple of day ago, en route to eat, and saw this Merc coming towards the junction from the stem of the Y. It slowed, I thought, and made as to turn down the arm on which I was not. I looked the other way to check traffic, and as I stepped into the road to cross, the bloody Merc was almost on my foot. A lesser person would have been put off his lunch. I don't know it the driver enjoyed his or not.

Those milliseconds aren't worth squat.

Rob C